If your family is like mine, you spend a significant amount of time in your living room, which naturally becomes a lived-in space.
In the mornings, I dedicate a quick 5-minute or less reset to my living room.
First, I embark on a mission to find any misplaced drinking glasses or food dishes. Then, I gather all the items that need to be returned to their respective bedrooms or offices.
Finally, I tidy up the throw pillows and refold the blankets, ensuring that the living room is in a tidy and inviting state.
That is all it takes!!
Before bed, kids can be taught to gather up their dishes and either put them in the dishwasher or at least the sink. Afterward, they can grab their phones, tablets, or laptops and return them to their backpacks or rooms.
Even with two other adults in my household, evenings can be quite sleepy, and things tend to get left in the living room overnight. However, I don’t worry about it. The daily reset routine will restore the room to its tidy and calm state.
Instead of a daily marathon cleaning session, I prefer a quick swipe-and-gather approach.
No comments:
Post a Comment