A dining room table can easily become a catch-all for mail, shopping packages, and what I affectionately call “pocket vomit.” People see a flat surface and assume, “I’ll just put this here for a moment and come back to get it.” Unfortunately, these items often remain on the table for hours, sometimes even days.
To combat this, I make it a habit to quickly check the dining room table a couple of times a day. I ensure that packages and mail are either delivered to the office or the recipient’s room. Food items are returned to the kitchen, and pocket items are placed in a tray in the laundry room.
Once everything is in its place, I return the centerpiece to the table and inspect the placemats for any food stains. The room is back to its pleasant and tidy state.
With this routine in place, we can now enjoy a snack or relax at the table without any obstacles.
I prefer my dining room table to be a designated space for activities such as designing flower arrangements and sorting the mail. My husband enjoys working on his laptop at the dining room table, while my son likes to prop up his phone and watch reels.
However, there’s one exception to this rule. Half of our dining room table is currently covered with a thousand-piece puzzle. While we still have a place to eat, we also have a designated space for relaxation, conversation, and puzzle-solving.
How do you handle dining room clutter?

No comments:
Post a Comment